I’ve just come across this list (whilst looking for something else!) and feel I have to nominate TP5324 Pasturehouse Farm for inclusion.
https://wiki.trigpointing.uk/Questionable_Names
This is my log from my third visit on 7/3/26
Third visit and I still don’t know why this is called Pasturehouse ...
Search found 18 matches
- Tue May 19, 2026 10:37 am
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Questionable names
- Replies: 1
- Views: 6075
- Fri May 15, 2026 12:24 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Collective Noun?
- Replies: 4
- Views: 6849
Re: Collective Noun?
I was also pondering this recently. More what a group of trig point enthusiasts would be called, rather than a group of pillars. I decided upon ‘A triangulation of triggers’
You could pose the question on the Facebook group also if you are a member (Finding all the UK trig points)
You could pose the question on the Facebook group also if you are a member (Finding all the UK trig points)
- Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:00 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Uploading photos
- Replies: 3
- Views: 3454
Re: Uploading photos
Yes. I’m presuming that is going to be relevant? Take on phone (iPhone) and air drop to my iPad, from where I upload them to the trig page.
- Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:19 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Uploading photos
- Replies: 3
- Views: 3454
Uploading photos
Is it possible to rotate photos on the trig point page? Often, but not always, if I try to upload a ‘portrait’ image, it turns into a landscape, and the pillar appears horizontal. I have never had a landscape image turn into a portrait.
- Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:23 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Vanessa’s
- Replies: 5
- Views: 5153
Vanessa’s
Most Vanessa style pillars are located in Scotland is seemingly accepted as fact; but is there a list of non Scottish Vanessa’s available?
- Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:17 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Pillars on islands
- Replies: 3
- Views: 6288
Re: Pillars on islands
Excellent stuff, I knew there'd be a list somewhere, cheers, Peter.
- Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:16 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Pillars on islands
- Replies: 3
- Views: 6288
Pillars on islands
Having visited two of what I call 'single pillar islands' this year - Ailsa Craig and Hirta (St.Kilda) I was wondering if there is a complete list of these islands, and a list of other islands with the number of pillars on them? I had a look at Harold Street but to my inexperienced eye I can't make ...
- Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:02 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Geocaching/TrigPointing
- Replies: 9
- Views: 10802
Re: Geocaching/TrigPointing
I asked one of our local puzzle cachers and they are baffled as well. They did point me in the direction of this trig related cache though.
https://coord.info/GC5MRJF
it seems I went very close without realising when I visited the nearby pillar.
https://coord.info/GC5MRJF
it seems I went very close without realising when I visited the nearby pillar.
- Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:47 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Trig Rescue International Group (TRIG)
- Replies: 1
- Views: 4383
Trig Rescue International Group (TRIG)
Rob started a discussion on the 'Finding all the UK trig points' Facebook group about the current status of pillar TP3005 - Easter Fortissat, and whether it has been 'burnt' in a bonfire. If this were a steam engine a group of enthusiasts could club together and buy it from its owner. Can we do that ...
- Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:49 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Rob's FBM completion
- Replies: 5
- Views: 7400
Re: Rob's FBM completion
Thanks. It seems there's one, very close to Moacky Mansion, which I drive past every morning. Must stop one day soon to have a look.