Some trig enthusiasts have built their own pillar, for example
http://www.trigpointinguk.com/trig/25859 TP25859
http://www.trigpointinguk.com/trig/12707 TP12707
They might be able to help you.
The name and address of the respective builder is given in the logs.
James Wright ('Wheresthatpenguin ...
Search found 236 matches
- Fri Aug 22, 2025 10:58 am
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Trig pillar, spider and cap dimensions
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1015
- Fri Apr 25, 2025 12:08 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: OS trig sketches
- Replies: 6
- Views: 82942
Re: OS trig sketches
OS Office File sketches are now available for
TP10537 Westerton
TP8553 Arbourthorne
TP17529 Millfield
TP13977 Prestbury Road
TP18844 The Oaks
TP8575 Doles Lane
TP8782 Hooks
TP12825 High Denton
TP15245 Stocks Lane
TP10537 Westerton
TP8553 Arbourthorne
TP17529 Millfield
TP13977 Prestbury Road
TP18844 The Oaks
TP8575 Doles Lane
TP8782 Hooks
TP12825 High Denton
TP15245 Stocks Lane
- Mon Apr 07, 2025 11:49 am
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: OS trig sketches
- Replies: 6
- Views: 82942
Re: OS trig sketches
Sketch diagrams and other info from the National Archives have been added
to the wiki page https://trigpointing.uk/wiki/OS_Sketch_Diagrams
for the following trigs:
tp17466 Calver Hill
tp8085 Blackstone
tp17125 Greenwood Leghe
tp10774 Brunthwaite Crag
tp10780 Greencroft
More to follow
to the wiki page https://trigpointing.uk/wiki/OS_Sketch_Diagrams
for the following trigs:
tp17466 Calver Hill
tp8085 Blackstone
tp17125 Greenwood Leghe
tp10774 Brunthwaite Crag
tp10780 Greencroft
More to follow
- Wed Feb 19, 2025 10:59 am
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: New Active Stations
- Replies: 12
- Views: 32572
Re: New Active Stations
A summary of some recent changes to OS Active stations as noted in
https://www.bigf.ac.uk/files/station_logs/station_logs_OSGB_BIGF.zip
Swansea (TP7753 - last T:UK log Dec 2022) station id SWAS states:
'Station destroyed 2024-12-04'
A new Swansea station, SWAE, was installed 2024-12-06 replacing ...
https://www.bigf.ac.uk/files/station_logs/station_logs_OSGB_BIGF.zip
Swansea (TP7753 - last T:UK log Dec 2022) station id SWAS states:
'Station destroyed 2024-12-04'
A new Swansea station, SWAE, was installed 2024-12-06 replacing ...
- Mon Feb 10, 2025 10:35 am
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: The symbol on a 'Cut' (eg TP0100 Cumrue) - Question...
- Replies: 2
- Views: 23965
Re: The symbol on a 'Cut' (eg TP0100 Cumrue) - Question...
The logo on the theodolite might depict the graticules (cross-hairs);
see for example https://trigpointing.uk/wiki/Theodolite
As for the trig cut-mark I'd guess that the similarity is just a coincidence;
the cuts would highlight the punch mark to distinguish it from some
random dent.
see for example https://trigpointing.uk/wiki/Theodolite
As for the trig cut-mark I'd guess that the similarity is just a coincidence;
the cuts would highlight the punch mark to distinguish it from some
random dent.
- Tue Oct 08, 2024 10:38 am
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: New Active Stations
- Replies: 12
- Views: 32572
Re: New Active Stations
Thanks.
I've added a few extra details to the wiki page:
https://trigpointing.uk/wiki/Active_station
But I think that the page could do with a better explanation of
how these devices work in practice - something I've never quite
understood. Contributions would be welcome.
I seem to recall that ...
I've added a few extra details to the wiki page:
https://trigpointing.uk/wiki/Active_station
But I think that the page could do with a better explanation of
how these devices work in practice - something I've never quite
understood. Contributions would be welcome.
I seem to recall that ...
- Fri Sep 27, 2024 10:49 am
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: New Active Stations
- Replies: 12
- Views: 32572
New Active Stations
Two additional OS Active stations were installed earlier this year
but not yet added to T:UK
Details found in:
https://www.bigf.ac.uk/files/station_logs/station_logs_OSGB_BIGF.zip
REDE (Rochester, Northumberland)
55°17'06.1"N 2°16'46.7"W
NY 82337 99022
Google maps indicates a weather station ...
but not yet added to T:UK
Details found in:
https://www.bigf.ac.uk/files/station_logs/station_logs_OSGB_BIGF.zip
REDE (Rochester, Northumberland)
55°17'06.1"N 2°16'46.7"W
NY 82337 99022
Google maps indicates a weather station ...
- Thu Sep 12, 2024 10:40 am
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: 'mystery' OS trig points (competition)
- Replies: 4
- Views: 31524
Re: 'mystery' OS trig points (competition)
> TP6862 - Whelpstone Crag
Many thanks. I think you are correct
Many thanks. I think you are correct
- Thu Sep 05, 2024 3:49 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: 'mystery' OS trig points (competition)
- Replies: 4
- Views: 31524
Re: 'mystery' OS trig points (competition)
Hi Andy,
Like you, I don't access social media (lifes too short).
So heres another puzzle...
The Friends of the Settle to Carlisle Railway line have published a guided walks leaflet
which is available at:
https://www.foscl.org.uk/sites/1/files/drupal/doc/attachments/Guided%20Walks%20Leaflet ...
Like you, I don't access social media (lifes too short).
So heres another puzzle...
The Friends of the Settle to Carlisle Railway line have published a guided walks leaflet
which is available at:
https://www.foscl.org.uk/sites/1/files/drupal/doc/attachments/Guided%20Walks%20Leaflet ...
- Wed Jul 31, 2024 11:10 am
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: 'mystery' OS trig points (competition)
- Replies: 4
- Views: 31524