This will be of interest...
https://www.grough.co.uk/magazine/2024/ ... rig-points
'mystery' OS trig points (competition)
Re: 'mystery' OS trig points (competition)
Hi Ted.
Have you been doing this ? it would be fun if they did some in Wales, mind I don't use any of the social media they are suppose to be using to give the clues.
Have you been doing this ? it would be fun if they did some in Wales, mind I don't use any of the social media they are suppose to be using to give the clues.
Re: 'mystery' OS trig points (competition)
Hi Andy,
Like you, I don't access social media (lifes too short).
So heres another puzzle...
The Friends of the Settle to Carlisle Railway line have published a guided walks leaflet
which is available at:
https://www.foscl.org.uk/sites/1/files/ ... %20WEB.pdf
The cover depicts a trig pillar on a rocky outcrop with woodland in the
background and hills in the far distance. Presumably its within walking
distance of a railway station between Settle and Carlisle but I can't identify it!
Does anyone have any suggestsions?
Thanks
Like you, I don't access social media (lifes too short).
So heres another puzzle...
The Friends of the Settle to Carlisle Railway line have published a guided walks leaflet
which is available at:
https://www.foscl.org.uk/sites/1/files/ ... %20WEB.pdf
The cover depicts a trig pillar on a rocky outcrop with woodland in the
background and hills in the far distance. Presumably its within walking
distance of a railway station between Settle and Carlisle but I can't identify it!
Does anyone have any suggestsions?
Thanks
Re: 'mystery' OS trig points (competition)
My money would be on TP6862 - Whelpstone Crag
Re: 'mystery' OS trig points (competition)
> TP6862 - Whelpstone Crag
Many thanks. I think you are correct
Many thanks. I think you are correct