Trigging by Streetview.

General discussion about trigpoints, the TrigpointingUK website etc
Post Reply
Whats the Point
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:22 am

Trigging by Streetview.

Post by Whats the Point »

As an indoor version of trigpointing for the winter how about trigging by Google Streetview. In planning my trigging days out I've often used Streetview and been surprised how many pillars and FBM's can be easily be seen. As a start here are four TP4506 Lockham http://trigpointing.uk/trig/4506 - TP7211 South Cave http://trigpointing.uk/trig/7211 - TP2811 Dorket Head http://trigpointing.uk/trig/2811 and TP0170 Hermon http://trigpointing.uk/trig/170 . I was wondering if anybody has made a list of them and how it could be compiled. (see screen shots from Streetview attached) Brian.
Attachments
TP2811 Dorket Head
TP2811 Dorket Head
Dorket Head.JPG (87.04 KiB) Viewed 5179 times
TP7211 South Cave
TP7211 South Cave
South Cave.JPG (89.25 KiB) Viewed 5179 times
TP4506 Lockham
TP4506 Lockham
Lockham.JPG (61.31 KiB) Viewed 5179 times
ted
Posts: 236
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:39 am

Re: Trigging by Streetview.

Post by ted »

Hi,

I also use Streetview when planning trig bagging trips. Often useful for gaining
an idea of feasible and discreet access routes, availability of gateways into fields,
probability that a roadside location is overgrown, etc.

BTW your snap of Dorket Head indicates that it has been toppled :|
- that hasn't been reported in the logs; presumably the Streetview visit
is recent.


Ted
eon
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:55 pm

Re: Trigging by Streetview.

Post by eon »

ted wrote: I also use Streetview when planning trig bagging trips. Often useful for gaining
an idea of feasible and discreet access routes, availability of gateways into fields,
probability that a roadside location is overgrown, etc.

Yes, street view is a very handy tool for the reasons given above, and is something I often employ in working out a list. Also comes in handy for bench marking.
Post Reply