Trig pillars in New Forest National Park?

General discussion about trigpoints, the TrigpointingUK website etc
Post Reply
x333xxx
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:46 pm

Trig pillars in New Forest National Park?

Post by x333xxx »

I don't suppose someone has a list of trig *pillars* within the boundary of the New Forest National Park?

If I don't ask, I'll never know :-)
MAC.HAWK
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:11 pm

Re: Trig pillars in New Forest National Park?

Post by MAC.HAWK »

TP6824
TP6144
TP1583
TP5515
TP0741
TP4094
TP3650
TP1957
TP9744
TP7102
TP0306
TP6453
TP3364
TP6280
TP2937
TP4667

All are pillars - I think the list is complete.

Have fun exploring them all (hopefully on foot)
clochandighter
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:02 pm

Re: Trig pillars in New Forest National Park?

Post by clochandighter »

The above list would have been more meaningful if Flush Bracket numbers, station names and grid references had been included.
x333xxx
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:46 pm

Re: Trig pillars in New Forest National Park?

Post by x333xxx »

MAC.HAWK wrote:TP6824
TP6144
TP1583
TP5515
TP0741
TP4094
TP3650
TP1957
TP9744
TP7102
TP0306
TP6453
TP3364
TP6280
TP2937
TP4667

All are pillars - I think the list is complete.

Have fun exploring them all (hopefully on foot)
Thank you Mac, I'll endeavour to plot them! I've bagged about half a dozen so far, I thought I was doing quite well but perhaps not!!
x333xxx
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:46 pm

Re: Trig pillars in New Forest National Park?

Post by x333xxx »

clochandighter wrote:The above list would have been more meaningful if Flush Bracket numbers, station names and grid references had been included.
I rather agree, however I shall have fun plotting the locations based on the TP numbers!
MAC.HAWK
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:11 pm

Re: Trig pillars in New Forest National Park?

Post by MAC.HAWK »

Shall I not bother next time then?

How would searching by Flush Bracket number, station name and grid references have helped - all that information is available simply via the TP search engine.

If you really need that information, it's there for You to decide how you use it - I've simply provided a route to access to the main data.

If someone can do better or be more helpful next time please supply - it'd save me the bother and time of trying to help a fellow trig-tigger.
AHD
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:11 pm

Re: Trig pillars in New Forest National Park?

Post by AHD »

Hi

I am about to visit the New Forest Pillars shortly and think that the following TP numbers should also be included:

TP0744 - not TP9744
TP7094
TP5080
TP2775
TP1597 - not TP1957
TP5067
TP1802
TP3664 - not TP3364

Easy to transpose digits. Hope this helps.
Post Reply