2 TrigPointing UK websites?!

General discussion about trigpoints, the TrigpointingUK website etc
Post Reply
User avatar
Samtrig13
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:56 pm
Location: South East England
Contact:

2 TrigPointing UK websites?!

Post by Samtrig13 »

Hi,
I went onto Microsoft Bing and searched up ‚TrigPointing UK’.
However, the website address wasn’t trigpointing.uk but trigpointinguk.com.
I was logged out on the other website.
Does anyone know the difference and why?
Cheers
Samtrig13
burt68
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed May 29, 2024 7:38 pm

Re: 2 TrigPointing UK websites?!

Post by burt68 »

Just tried on bing and it took me to trigpointing uk . but I do seem to get logged out of trigpointing uk randomly
stripytrigger
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed May 27, 2020 11:36 am

Re: 2 TrigPointing UK websites?!

Post by stripytrigger »

Same here - if I navigate to https://trigpointinguk.com it immediately redirects me to trigpointing.uk

Guessing the log out was just a coincidence.
User avatar
Samtrig13
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:56 pm
Location: South East England
Contact:

Re: 2 TrigPointing UK websites?!

Post by Samtrig13 »

Really strange… I’m using Safari with Bing as my search engine on a iPad, and they are two separate addresses. However, when I turn off my device, it redirects me to TrigPointing.uk. This is really weird, like Teasel intended for there to be two websites but made one and a half. I’ve also noticed that the Forum, TrigTools and MyTrigs are on this website, but the Wiki isn’t. It relocates me to TrigPointing.uk. This is, if anything, one of the strangest mysteries I’ve ever come across.
Samtrig13
User avatar
Samtrig13
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:56 pm
Location: South East England
Contact:

Re: 2 TrigPointing UK websites?!

Post by Samtrig13 »

By the way, here’s a photo of the two addresses:
Attachments
Weird Mystery…
Weird Mystery…
TrigpointingUK_11zon.png (100.44 KiB) Viewed 31740 times
Samtrig13
Post Reply