'mystery' OS trig points (competition)

General discussion about trigpoints, the TrigpointingUK website etc
Post Reply
ted
Posts: 236
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:39 am

'mystery' OS trig points (competition)

Post by ted »

asbown
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:34 pm

Re: 'mystery' OS trig points (competition)

Post by asbown »

Hi Ted.

Have you been doing this ? it would be fun if they did some in Wales, mind I don't use any of the social media they are suppose to be using to give the clues.
ted
Posts: 236
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:39 am

Re: 'mystery' OS trig points (competition)

Post by ted »

Hi Andy,

Like you, I don't access social media (lifes too short).

So heres another puzzle...

The Friends of the Settle to Carlisle Railway line have published a guided walks leaflet
which is available at:
https://www.foscl.org.uk/sites/1/files/ ... %20WEB.pdf

The cover depicts a trig pillar on a rocky outcrop with woodland in the
background and hills in the far distance. Presumably its within walking
distance of a railway station between Settle and Carlisle but I can't identify it!

Does anyone have any suggestsions?

Thanks
tim747
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:52 am

Re: 'mystery' OS trig points (competition)

Post by tim747 »

My money would be on TP6862 - Whelpstone Crag
ted
Posts: 236
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:39 am

Re: 'mystery' OS trig points (competition)

Post by ted »

> TP6862 - Whelpstone Crag

Many thanks. I think you are correct :)
Post Reply