Prreferances in the android app

General discussion about trigpoints, the TrigpointingUK website etc
Post Reply
Nick Rizzini
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:52 am
Location: Nuneaton warwickshire

Prreferances in the android app

Post by Nick Rizzini »

Hi I'm new to this hobby I have downloaded the android app to my Samsung s5, its is asking me to set a user name in the preference's but I can't find how to get to it, can any one help please.
Aqueously90
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:39 pm
Location: Black Isle / Glasgow

Re: Prreferances in the android app

Post by Aqueously90 »

Hi Nick,

First of all, welcome to Trigpointing! When you open the Android app, you should see an ellipsis in the bottom bar - if you tap this, it should bring up some options, including a preferences menu where you can set your username and password.
Nick Rizzini
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:52 am
Location: Nuneaton warwickshire

Re: Prreferances in the android app

Post by Nick Rizzini »

Aqueously90 wrote:Hi Nick,

First of all, welcome to Trigpointing! When you open the Android app, you should see an ellipsis in the bottom bar - if you tap this, it should bring up some options, including a preferences menu where you can set your username and password.
Thanks for the reply I cannot see a bar at the bottom of the screen the attached file is a screen shot of the app, it goes straight to the page when opened.
Attachments
App screen shot
App screen shot
Screenshot_2015-09-04-15-36-48.png (97.57 KiB) Viewed 27454 times
Aqueously90
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:39 pm
Location: Black Isle / Glasgow

Re: Prreferances in the android app

Post by Aqueously90 »

Hmm, haven't seen that before. Here's what I see. You may need to ask Ian (Teasel).
Attachments
Screenshot_2015-09-04-15-48-43.png
Screenshot_2015-09-04-15-48-43.png (105.19 KiB) Viewed 27453 times
Nick Rizzini
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:52 am
Location: Nuneaton warwickshire

Re: Prreferances in the android app

Post by Nick Rizzini »

Thanks again I will message him when I'm home :D
Aqueously90
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:39 pm
Location: Black Isle / Glasgow

Re: Prreferances in the android app

Post by Aqueously90 »

No problem, let me know how you get on. You're not using any sort of desktop extender apps are you? I know in Cyanogen you have the option to hide the taskbar and bottom bar.
Quite a few of us are active in the Facebook group as well (https://www.facebook.com/groups/2484316888/), so you may have some luck there.
Ant1974
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:56 pm

Re: Prreferances in the android app

Post by Ant1974 »

I am having the same problem; has this been resolved?
Nick Rizzini
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:52 am
Location: Nuneaton warwickshire

Re: Prreferances in the android app

Post by Nick Rizzini »

Ant1974 wrote:I am having the same problem; has this been resolved?
No Ant1972 its still ongoing at the moment
Nick Rizzini
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:52 am
Location: Nuneaton warwickshire

Re: Prreferances in the android app

Post by Nick Rizzini »

Nick Rizzini wrote:
Ant1974 wrote:I am having the same problem; has this been resolved?
No Ant1972 its still ongoing at the moment
Ok this has now been solved if you hold the left hand button next to the home page button, (the one that display all open apps) a menu will pop up and you can enter you preferences from there. thanks to all that helped on this
Nick
Ant1974
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:56 pm

Re: Prreferances in the android app

Post by Ant1974 »

Brilliant. Thanks! It works
Post Reply