Trigpointing objectives for the forthcoming year?
Re: Trigpointing objectives for the forthcoming year?
http://www.bench-marks.org.uk/bm2096 might be worth a visit this year 
Re: Trigpointing objectives for the forthcoming year?
Hi All, I have been a walker for many years and always enjoyed the sight of trig points along the way.
I have been lacking a focus to my walking recently but have gained great enjoyment from walking some of my local less known shropshire hills.
I have just registered tonight and am so glad to have access to such a rescource as this. My aim is to discover, bag and log as many Shropshire trigs as I can this year, beginning with my local OS map. Better get the marker pens out. Can't wait to start. All the best for 2017 all.
I have been lacking a focus to my walking recently but have gained great enjoyment from walking some of my local less known shropshire hills.
I have just registered tonight and am so glad to have access to such a rescource as this. My aim is to discover, bag and log as many Shropshire trigs as I can this year, beginning with my local OS map. Better get the marker pens out. Can't wait to start. All the best for 2017 all.
I lift my eyes to the hills
-
trigging on an island
- Posts: 27
- Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:14 pm
- Location: North Wales coast
Re: Trigpointing objectives for the forthcoming year?
Welcome to T:UK Stevo. Shropshire is a wonderful county and really epitomises the spirit of how trig hunting gives you such an appreciation for the lesser visited corners of our land. Beware though, once you've completed your local sheet you won't want to stop there, it is thoroughly addictive
.
Enjoy the game!
Enjoy the game!
Re: Trigpointing objectives for the forthcoming year?
WOW! That's currently showing an awful lot of 'Views' (10,000+) in the last couple of days, surely something amiss here?
Re: Trigpointing objectives for the forthcoming year?
Not sure if all those views are recent. Given that this message was posted 2 years ago, it seems plausible thatThat's currently showing an awful lot of 'Views' (10,000+) in the last couple of days, surely something amiss here?
it has accumulated that many since 2015. Otherwise maybe theres a web bot that likes trigs
-
trigging on an island
- Posts: 27
- Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:14 pm
- Location: North Wales coast
Re: Trigpointing objectives for the forthcoming year?
stevo. It appears that you were 21 hours early for an appointment with myself and dugswell2 this Saturday at TP0885 Arlescott! Keep on getting out there though and you never know who you will bump into
.
-
trigging on an island
- Posts: 27
- Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:14 pm
- Location: North Wales coast
Re: Trigpointing objectives for the forthcoming year?
So another year comes along and it's the chance for me to think about what I'd like to possibly achieve with regards to trigpointing over the coming 12 months. Well, looking back at what I wrote here for last years entry it's going to be more of the same again, I believe. My main focus shall be on Welsh hill lists and unfortunately this will mean I'll be doing lots of walking in areas where there are no new trigs for me. The target of 1000 pillars at last now looks achievable anyway so that will be my main triggy goal for 2018. Hopefully finishing off a Landranger sheet or two in the process. Getting up to halfway on my trigs on islands list will be something else I shall aim to do also.
Might bump into one or two of you guys along the way then perhaps
Enjoy it!
Alex C
Might bump into one or two of you guys along the way then perhaps
Enjoy it!
Alex C
Re: Trigpointing objectives for the forthcoming year?
One of my trigging aims last year was to revisit Lincolnshire; I ended up with only one trip south of the Humber,
spending much of my time bagging trigs in Northumberland. This year, I'd like to complete a visit to all Pennine
trig pillars - that probably means that I'll end up in Lincolnshire
Best wishes for 2018
Ted
spending much of my time bagging trigs in Northumberland. This year, I'd like to complete a visit to all Pennine
trig pillars - that probably means that I'll end up in Lincolnshire
Best wishes for 2018
Ted
-
trigging on an island
- Posts: 27
- Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:14 pm
- Location: North Wales coast
Re: Trigpointing objectives for the forthcoming year?
Can look back at 2018 and consider it to be quite a good trigging year indeed for me. I managed to get in three separate celebrations for my 1000th trig pillar, with the actual recognised 1000 club entry happening at S3105 Ellesmere Point, Shropshire in late November. An amazing day with some great company
.
Also managed to complete four more Landrangers including my first in Scotland. Numbers 31, 117, 124 and 125. S8516 Moel Eiddew giving a stunning finale to the Dolgellau sheet as I managed to time it for an absolutely gorgeous sunset behind Cadair Idris.
Next big project now is getting around all pillars within 100km of home. Current nearest unvisited is a 'destroyed' at 62.9km. This'll still keep me busy for quite some time yet
Have a good one, wherever it takes you to
.
Also managed to complete four more Landrangers including my first in Scotland. Numbers 31, 117, 124 and 125. S8516 Moel Eiddew giving a stunning finale to the Dolgellau sheet as I managed to time it for an absolutely gorgeous sunset behind Cadair Idris.
Next big project now is getting around all pillars within 100km of home. Current nearest unvisited is a 'destroyed' at 62.9km. This'll still keep me busy for quite some time yet
Have a good one, wherever it takes you to
- Attachments
-
- S8516 Moel Eiddew 18/05/2018
- 32968155_645002562511252_7652357426150113280_o.jpg (150.41 KiB) Viewed 13958 times
Last edited by trigging on an island on Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- agentmancuso
- Posts: 338
- Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:59 pm
- Location: EK
- Contact:
Re: Trigpointing objectives for the forthcoming year?
Impressive work Alex. I've hardly been active at all over the past year, but I do intend to make serious inroads into my remaining Southern Upland pillars this year, as a byproduct of clearing up Yeamans.