Trigpointing objectives for the forthcoming year?

General discussion about trigpoints, the TrigpointingUK website etc
ted
Posts: 236
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:39 am

Re: Trigpointing objectives for the forthcoming year?

Post by ted »

http://www.bench-marks.org.uk/bm2096 might be worth a visit this year :)
stevo
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:14 pm

Re: Trigpointing objectives for the forthcoming year?

Post by stevo »

Hi All, I have been a walker for many years and always enjoyed the sight of trig points along the way.
I have been lacking a focus to my walking recently but have gained great enjoyment from walking some of my local less known shropshire hills.
I have just registered tonight and am so glad to have access to such a rescource as this. My aim is to discover, bag and log as many Shropshire trigs as I can this year, beginning with my local OS map. Better get the marker pens out. Can't wait to start. All the best for 2017 all.
I lift my eyes to the hills
trigging on an island
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:14 pm
Location: North Wales coast

Re: Trigpointing objectives for the forthcoming year?

Post by trigging on an island »

Welcome to T:UK Stevo. Shropshire is a wonderful county and really epitomises the spirit of how trig hunting gives you such an appreciation for the lesser visited corners of our land. Beware though, once you've completed your local sheet you won't want to stop there, it is thoroughly addictive :mrgreen: .

Enjoy the game!
MAC.HAWK
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:11 pm

Re: Trigpointing objectives for the forthcoming year?

Post by MAC.HAWK »

WOW! That's currently showing an awful lot of 'Views' (10,000+) in the last couple of days, surely something amiss here?
ted
Posts: 236
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:39 am

Re: Trigpointing objectives for the forthcoming year?

Post by ted »

That's currently showing an awful lot of 'Views' (10,000+) in the last couple of days, surely something amiss here?
Not sure if all those views are recent. Given that this message was posted 2 years ago, it seems plausible that
it has accumulated that many since 2015. Otherwise maybe theres a web bot that likes trigs :)
trigging on an island
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:14 pm
Location: North Wales coast

Re: Trigpointing objectives for the forthcoming year?

Post by trigging on an island »

stevo. It appears that you were 21 hours early for an appointment with myself and dugswell2 this Saturday at TP0885 Arlescott! Keep on getting out there though and you never know who you will bump into :mrgreen: .
trigging on an island
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:14 pm
Location: North Wales coast

Re: Trigpointing objectives for the forthcoming year?

Post by trigging on an island »

So another year comes along and it's the chance for me to think about what I'd like to possibly achieve with regards to trigpointing over the coming 12 months. Well, looking back at what I wrote here for last years entry it's going to be more of the same again, I believe. My main focus shall be on Welsh hill lists and unfortunately this will mean I'll be doing lots of walking in areas where there are no new trigs for me. The target of 1000 pillars at last now looks achievable anyway so that will be my main triggy goal for 2018. Hopefully finishing off a Landranger sheet or two in the process. Getting up to halfway on my trigs on islands list will be something else I shall aim to do also.

Might bump into one or two of you guys along the way then perhaps 8-)

Enjoy it!

Alex C
ted
Posts: 236
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:39 am

Re: Trigpointing objectives for the forthcoming year?

Post by ted »

One of my trigging aims last year was to revisit Lincolnshire; I ended up with only one trip south of the Humber,
spending much of my time bagging trigs in Northumberland. This year, I'd like to complete a visit to all Pennine
trig pillars - that probably means that I'll end up in Lincolnshire :shock:

Best wishes for 2018

Ted
trigging on an island
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:14 pm
Location: North Wales coast

Re: Trigpointing objectives for the forthcoming year?

Post by trigging on an island »

Can look back at 2018 and consider it to be quite a good trigging year indeed for me. I managed to get in three separate celebrations for my 1000th trig pillar, with the actual recognised 1000 club entry happening at S3105 Ellesmere Point, Shropshire in late November. An amazing day with some great company 8-) .

Also managed to complete four more Landrangers including my first in Scotland. Numbers 31, 117, 124 and 125. S8516 Moel Eiddew giving a stunning finale to the Dolgellau sheet as I managed to time it for an absolutely gorgeous sunset behind Cadair Idris.

Next big project now is getting around all pillars within 100km of home. Current nearest unvisited is a 'destroyed' at 62.9km. This'll still keep me busy for quite some time yet :ugeek:

Have a good one, wherever it takes you to :) .
Attachments
S8516 Moel Eiddew 18/05/2018
S8516 Moel Eiddew 18/05/2018
32968155_645002562511252_7652357426150113280_o.jpg (150.41 KiB) Viewed 13964 times
Last edited by trigging on an island on Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
agentmancuso
Posts: 338
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:59 pm
Location: EK
Contact:

Re: Trigpointing objectives for the forthcoming year?

Post by agentmancuso »

Impressive work Alex. I've hardly been active at all over the past year, but I do intend to make serious inroads into my remaining Southern Upland pillars this year, as a byproduct of clearing up Yeamans.
Post Reply