Hydrographic Survey Station
-
joeythecat
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:24 pm
Hydrographic Survey Station
I've found a Hydrographic Survey Station at grid ref NG85878389 (about 20m to the SW of the Ploc an Rubha OS trig pillar). The plate is similar to those on the pillars at Ru Na Gavern and Rubha nan Sasan but it is mounted on concrete directly onto a rock, not on a pillar. Should this be in the database?
- agentmancuso
- Posts: 338
- Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:59 pm
- Location: EK
- Contact:
Re: Hydrographic Survey Station
If it's a Hydrographic Survey Station then yes, it would be good to add it to the database. The close proximity to the pillar might make that awkward to do: if you put the full details on here I can add it for you.
Thanks.
Thanks.
-
joeythecat
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:24 pm
Re: Hydrographic Survey Station
The 10 figure grid ref I recorded for it is NG8586683891. It was installed from SDML 3516 in May 1957. I've put a photo of it at www.geograph.org.uk/photo/5739415 . Please let me know if you need anything else.
- agentmancuso
- Posts: 338
- Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:59 pm
- Location: EK
- Contact:
Re: Hydrographic Survey Station
Perfect. It's on now as TP25785. If you could add the photo to your log that would be very helpful.
Thanks.
Thanks.
-
joeythecat
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:24 pm
Re: Hydrographic Survey Station
All done. I've also uploaded a close up of the plate.
-
Aqueously90
- Posts: 44
- Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:39 pm
- Location: Black Isle / Glasgow
Re: Hydrographic Survey Station
Hopefully heading up that way this summer, so good to know about this one beforehand!
- agentmancuso
- Posts: 338
- Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:59 pm
- Location: EK
- Contact:
Re: Hydrographic Survey Station
Perfect, thanks.joeythecat wrote:All done. I've also uploaded a close up of the plate.