Hydrographic Survey Station

General discussion about trigpoints, the TrigpointingUK website etc
Post Reply
joeythecat
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:24 pm

Hydrographic Survey Station

Post by joeythecat »

I've found a Hydrographic Survey Station at grid ref NG85878389 (about 20m to the SW of the Ploc an Rubha OS trig pillar). The plate is similar to those on the pillars at Ru Na Gavern and Rubha nan Sasan but it is mounted on concrete directly onto a rock, not on a pillar. Should this be in the database?
User avatar
agentmancuso
Posts: 338
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:59 pm
Location: EK
Contact:

Re: Hydrographic Survey Station

Post by agentmancuso »

If it's a Hydrographic Survey Station then yes, it would be good to add it to the database. The close proximity to the pillar might make that awkward to do: if you put the full details on here I can add it for you.

Thanks.
joeythecat
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:24 pm

Re: Hydrographic Survey Station

Post by joeythecat »

The 10 figure grid ref I recorded for it is NG8586683891. It was installed from SDML 3516 in May 1957. I've put a photo of it at www.geograph.org.uk/photo/5739415 . Please let me know if you need anything else.
User avatar
agentmancuso
Posts: 338
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:59 pm
Location: EK
Contact:

Re: Hydrographic Survey Station

Post by agentmancuso »

Perfect. It's on now as TP25785. If you could add the photo to your log that would be very helpful.

Thanks.
joeythecat
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:24 pm

Re: Hydrographic Survey Station

Post by joeythecat »

All done. I've also uploaded a close up of the plate.
Aqueously90
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:39 pm
Location: Black Isle / Glasgow

Re: Hydrographic Survey Station

Post by Aqueously90 »

Hopefully heading up that way this summer, so good to know about this one beforehand!
User avatar
agentmancuso
Posts: 338
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:59 pm
Location: EK
Contact:

Re: Hydrographic Survey Station

Post by agentmancuso »

joeythecat wrote:All done. I've also uploaded a close up of the plate.
Perfect, thanks.
Post Reply